|Published:||Aug 06, 2010 8:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2010 5:21 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for three South Florida-area boaters who are overdue.
Authorities on Friday says they are searching from Fort Pierce to Fort Lauderdale and east to the Bahamas.
The boaters were supposed to return from a fishing trip on Thursday.
A family member contacted the Coast Guard early Friday saying the boaters did not return at sunset as planned. They had left Riviera Beach aboard Shademaker, a 32-foot blue-and-white center-console SeaVee.
The Bahamian Air and Sea Rescue Association also sent an aircraft to help find the boaters, and the Royal Bahamas Defence Force has boats searching.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral