|Published:||Aug 06, 2010 9:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2010 6:04 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Javier Torres was charged with killing his girlfriend. On Wednesday, he was convicted of manslaughter by a jury.
In June of 2009, Torres as high on drugs when he strangled his girlfriend, Cindy Warner, and killed her. He told deputies that Warner used cocaine and Oxycontin and died of an overdose. An autopsy concluded that she died of strangulation.
Torres sentencing hearing will be on September 20. He faces up to 15 years in prison.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks