|Published:||Aug 06, 2010 7:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2010 4:46 PM EDT|
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (AP) - Legoland Florida has chosen the builders for the new theme park.
Merlin Entertainments Group announced Thursday that PCL Construction Services, Inc. will oversee construction on the new park. The group says the 104-year-old firm has 27 office locations in North America and an annual construction volume of more than $6 billion.
PCL has its headquarters in Denver. The Legoland contract was awarded to PCL's Orlando office. PCL's design-build partner for the park is Morris Architects.
Legoland Florida is scheduled to open in the fall of 2011. The park will be the world's fifth Legoland and the second in North America. Company officials say they expect 2 million people will visit in its first year.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend