|Published:||Aug 06, 2010 12:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 05, 2010 9:03 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Families with Chinese drywall that had their insurance dropped, are having a tough time finding coverage elsewhere.
One Cape Coral family tells WINK news they were dropped by their home owners insurance provider, for unrelated issues, but since have not been able to replace them.
Local insurance agents say Chinese drywall is an issue that many companies do not want to insure.
"I went to other insurance agents all throughout the Cape and every one of them denied me coverage," said Gilbert Villaverde, a Cape Coral homeowner.
Some agents are referring these homeowners to Florida's Citizen Insurance for coverage, but say the price may be steep.
Also, experts are advising homeowners to consult the insurance companies of the sellers and manufactures of the home - stating they may be able to cover the cost of repairing the home.
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Personal finance expert Suze Orman speaks at UF
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year