|Published:||Aug 06, 2010 10:54 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2010 7:55 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Cape Coral Police have filed additional commercial burglary charges on the smash-n-grab suspect arrested last week. James Phillip Small (DOB: 07/26/1971) was arrested on July 29 as officers caught him breaking into a vending machine on NE Pine Island Road. Cape Police had set up surveillance in the area after a series of smash-n-grab burglaries were reported on July 26. Small initially was charged with 10 felony counts for Burglary, Larceny and Property Damage. He now faces additional felony charges related to six more commercial burglaries, bringing his total number of burglaries to 12.
During a follow-up interview earlier this week with Cape Police Detective Tony Goliszeski, Small confessed to burglarizing Mitch's Firestone (1310 NE Pine Island Road) on May 22. He also confessed to commercial burglaries at Aloha Tan (428 Del Prado Boulevard), Hollywood Secrets Salon (601 Del Prado Boulevard), Del Prado & Pine Island Vet (428 Del Prado Boulevard) and Sunshine Nails (234 Del Prado Boulevard) on May 31 as well as one other business.
Small currently is in custody at the Lee County Jail.
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres