|Published:||Aug 06, 2010 10:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2010 7:57 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Cape Police with the Vice, Intelligence and Narcotics Unit concluded a four-month drug investigation with the arrest of Courtney Deran Blake (DOB: 04/04/1975). Cape Detectives worked with the federal Drug Enforcement Administration to charge Blake, who has an extensive criminal record, with multiple counts of selling crack cocaine.
During the past four months, Cape Police detectives with the VIN Unit conducted controlled buys of crack cocaine from Blake. The federal DEA took over the investigation and obtained a Grand Jury indictment based on six crack cocaine sales totaling more than 20 grams.
On August 5, Cape Police detectives made arrangements to purchase eight grams of crack cocaine from Blake for $900 in the Walmart parking lot on SW Pine Island Road. Upon completion of the transaction, Cape Police officers with the Street Crimes and K-9 units stopped Blake's vehicle and took him into custody without incident.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption