|Published:||Aug 06, 2010 10:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2010 7:57 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Cape Police with the Vice, Intelligence and Narcotics Unit concluded a four-month drug investigation with the arrest of Courtney Deran Blake (DOB: 04/04/1975). Cape Detectives worked with the federal Drug Enforcement Administration to charge Blake, who has an extensive criminal record, with multiple counts of selling crack cocaine.
During the past four months, Cape Police detectives with the VIN Unit conducted controlled buys of crack cocaine from Blake. The federal DEA took over the investigation and obtained a Grand Jury indictment based on six crack cocaine sales totaling more than 20 grams.
On August 5, Cape Police detectives made arrangements to purchase eight grams of crack cocaine from Blake for $900 in the Walmart parking lot on SW Pine Island Road. Upon completion of the transaction, Cape Police officers with the Street Crimes and K-9 units stopped Blake's vehicle and took him into custody without incident.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras