|Published:||Aug 06, 2010 7:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2010 4:19 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Garbage bins outside an Orlando apartment complex may have been what attracted a black bear to climb a tree nearby.
The bear was spotted early Thursday morning. Police called the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, which set a trap for a bear several days ago. But the trap was unsuccessful.
Commission spokeswoman Joy Hill says trash bins are bear magnets.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- 2nd bear suspected in woman's mauling euthanized
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case