|Published:||Aug 06, 2010 8:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2010 5:18 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Tampa police say two children apparently suffered carbon monoxide poisoning after their father left them in a running vehicle while he ran errands.
Police say that a passerby noticed them when the 5-year-old boy had blue lips, and both he and his 8-year-old sister appeared groggy. The passerby broke the back window and pulled them out. The children became alert in the fresh air.
Authorities say the children had symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Authorities say 31-year-old Desmond Nieto was arrested Thursday evening and charged with child neglect. Nieto's bail was set at $7,500.
It wasn't immediately known if he had an attorney.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Postal Service letter carriers collect toys this Saturday