|Published:||Aug 05, 2010 7:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 05, 2010 4:21 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - If you've got a long list of back to school clothes and supplies to buy, you may want to wait just a few days longer.
Florida's back to school sales tax holiday is being held on the weekend of August 13th - 15th. The legislature shortened the sales tax holiday this year because of a tight state budget. In prior years the event lasted as long as 10 days.
During the sales tax holiday you can buy certain clothing and school supply items without paying sales tax. Books and clothing costing less than $50 are tax free, and school supplies that are less than $10 are tax free.
For more information:
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire