|Published:||Aug 05, 2010 7:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 05, 2010 4:21 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - If you've got a long list of back to school clothes and supplies to buy, you may want to wait just a few days longer.
Florida's back to school sales tax holiday is being held on the weekend of August 13th - 15th. The legislature shortened the sales tax holiday this year because of a tight state budget. In prior years the event lasted as long as 10 days.
During the sales tax holiday you can buy certain clothing and school supply items without paying sales tax. Books and clothing costing less than $50 are tax free, and school supplies that are less than $10 are tax free.
For more information:
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays