|Published:||Aug 05, 2010 3:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 05, 2010 12:44 PM EDT|
BARTOW, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in central Florida are searching for a man they say stabbed a friend to death and then drank his blood.
Mauricio Mendez Lopez is accused of killing Macario Cruz in a house they shared in Bartow.
A third resident, Cruz's sister-in-law Mariella Mendez, told police that Lopez was upset because she was in a relationship with Mendez.
A police report shows the men had an argument in which Lopez struck Cruz in the face with a 15-pound dumb bell. He then allegedly threatened to kill them both unless the relationship ended.
Authorities say Lopez returned later and stabbed him to death. She told police Lopez left with a plastic cup in his hand that appeared to hold blood. She said he drank from the cup in a strange ritual from their native Mexico.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one
- Deadly accident in Fort Myers