|Published:||Aug 05, 2010 6:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 05, 2010 3:22 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Charlotte County Sheriff’s Narcotics Unit detectives made two arrests Wednesday after undercover purchases of Oxycodone and Roxicodone pills drug dealers.
Arrested were Gunnar Erik Magrath, 42, 1453 Harmony Dr., and Vanessa M. Chiapperini, 30, 21298 Stillwater Ave., both of Port Charlotte. Undercover detectives bought Oxycodone pills from Magrath on July 16, and Roxicodone pills at his home Monday and Wednesday of this week. Chiapperini was arrested for her part in the Roxicodone purchase Wednesday. At Wednesday’s drug deal, Magrath attempted to flee when backup units arrived and he attempted to conceal the evidence.
Magrath was arrested on nine charges; they were two felony counts of Sale and Delivery of Roxicodone, two counts of Possession of Roxicodone, and one count each for Sale and Delivery of Oxycodone, Possession of Oxycodone, Tampering with Evidence, Resisting, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Chiapperini was charged with Sale and Delivery of Roxicodone; she posted a $5,000 bond. Magrath is being held on $23,500 bond; he is a convicted felon with 11 bookings and 20 records in Charlotte County.
If you have information about illegal drug activity, please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft