|Published:||Aug 05, 2010 9:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 05, 2010 6:21 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida Insurance Commissioner KevinMcCarty has ordered a halt to the sale of unauthorized and unlicensed motor vehicle service agreements by two Ohio-based companies.
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation issued cease and desist orders Thursday to Auto Repair Warranty Inc. and Auto Repair Group LLC.
Officials said they've identified 26 complaints to date.
The state also alleges the companies engaged in unfair methods of competition and unfair or deceptive acts.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD searches for suspect in fatal shooting on Dunbar St.
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Sen. Rubio getting poor marks
- School board approves new superintendent's contract