|Published:||Aug 05, 2010 9:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 05, 2010 6:21 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida Insurance Commissioner KevinMcCarty has ordered a halt to the sale of unauthorized and unlicensed motor vehicle service agreements by two Ohio-based companies.
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation issued cease and desist orders Thursday to Auto Repair Warranty Inc. and Auto Repair Group LLC.
Officials said they've identified 26 complaints to date.
The state also alleges the companies engaged in unfair methods of competition and unfair or deceptive acts.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean