|Published:||Aug 05, 2010 9:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 05, 2010 6:21 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida Insurance Commissioner KevinMcCarty has ordered a halt to the sale of unauthorized and unlicensed motor vehicle service agreements by two Ohio-based companies.
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation issued cease and desist orders Thursday to Auto Repair Warranty Inc. and Auto Repair Group LLC.
Officials said they've identified 26 complaints to date.
The state also alleges the companies engaged in unfair methods of competition and unfair or deceptive acts.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash