|Published:||Aug 05, 2010 3:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 05, 2010 12:32 PM EDT|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - A Tarpon Springs man has been charged with culpable negligence, five months after his 6-year-old old son shot his 3-year-old brother.
Police arrested 35-year-old Rockny G. Carpio on Tuesday. He was later released on $2,000 bail.
The family was living in Clearwater in February, when the 6-year-old found a semiautomatic gun in the father's bedroom. The child accidentally shot the 3-year-old in the chest. The younger boy survived.
Investigators found several unsecured firearms in the home.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect