|Published:||Aug 04, 2010 4:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2010 1:35 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The wife of a central Florida radio host is divorcing her husband a year after he was accused of shooting her while aiming at her dog.
Catherine Burke filed for divorce against Shannon Burke late last month. It wasn't the first time.
Catherine Burke filed for divorce in May 2009, one month after the shooting incident in their Seminole County home.
Shannon Burke was jailed, charged and fired from Real Radio 104.1 in Orlando.
Catherine Burke initially said that Shannon Burke had threatened to shoot the dog and make her watch, but she later changed her story and said she thought the shooting was accidental. She dropped her divorce suit in July 2009.
Shannon Burke served about four months in the Seminole County Jail after he pleaded guilty to animal cruelty and opening fire in a building.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds