|Published:||Aug 04, 2010 4:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2010 1:35 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The wife of a central Florida radio host is divorcing her husband a year after he was accused of shooting her while aiming at her dog.
Catherine Burke filed for divorce against Shannon Burke late last month. It wasn't the first time.
Catherine Burke filed for divorce in May 2009, one month after the shooting incident in their Seminole County home.
Shannon Burke was jailed, charged and fired from Real Radio 104.1 in Orlando.
Catherine Burke initially said that Shannon Burke had threatened to shoot the dog and make her watch, but she later changed her story and said she thought the shooting was accidental. She dropped her divorce suit in July 2009.
Shannon Burke served about four months in the Seminole County Jail after he pleaded guilty to animal cruelty and opening fire in a building.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo