|Published:||Aug 04, 2010 3:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2010 12:31 PM EDT|
HOMESTEAD, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida toddler is brain dead and his father charged with aggravated child abuse and neglect after allegedly punching the child in a "boxing" lesson.
According to Miami-Dade police, Lee Wille DeJesus told investigators he punched his son repeatedly, up to 15 times, while the boy was on a bed to teach him how to box.
Two-year-old Willy Brown underwent surgery at Miami Children's Hospital.
DeJesus reportedly told investigators that the boy had been knocked off the bed and struck his head against a bedroom wall and tile floor. DeJesus allegedly waited 30 minutes to an hour to call 911.
DeJesus is being held at the Miami-Dade County jail on more than $57,000 bail.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school