BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. - Sex and money are the primary concerns around a former priest in Bonita Springs.
Ftr. Stan Strycharz is accused of breaking his vow of chastity and mismanaging parish funds.
The priest had been at St. Leo Catholic Church for the past 5 years.
Strycharz had been on paid administrative leave since July 24th, when the Bishop made the announcement during mass.
A number of parishioners had been complaining to the diocese with concerns.
Representatives with the Diocese say the claims are under investigation, but stress they do not involve minors.
"Priests, when they do their final vows, at their ordination they are required to make vows of chastity, obedience to the bishop, to do daily prayers... to do daily mass so that's what that's referring to..." said Bob Reddy, Communications Representative with the Diocese of Venice.
A financial audit of parish funds is underway as a result of the accusations.
Strycharz is not expected to return to St. Leo's, after the investigation he will either be moved to a different parish or removed permanently.
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Miss. probationer caught in central Florida
- Long-term care Medicaid patients start enrolling
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- Deputies: Bartender, 3 patrons sliced by angry man