|Published:||Aug 04, 2010 4:26 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2010 1:26 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Communities across the country came together Tuesday night to fight crime with the annual "National Night Out."
Events took place in a diverse assortment of neighborhoods across Southwest Florida, but all with the same goal: neighbors coming together to fight crime.
"It's always good to know who your neighbors are, whether they're doing bad things or good things," said Maria Flores, who moved to Fort Myers just two weeks ago.
Many of the Night Out events were organized by Neighborhood Watch programs.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday