|Published:||Aug 04, 2010 3:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2010 12:46 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A multimillion dollar musical created in Tampa last year is headed to Broadway.
Officials at Tampa's Straz Center for the Performing Arts said Tuesday that "Wonderland: A New Alice. A New Musical Adventure" would open in New York next April. The show is an updated spin on the classic Lewis Carroll story.
Judith Lisi, president of The Straz Center, said it cost the Straz $3.5 million to develop and stage the show, which opened in Tampa in December 2009. The cost of taking it to Broadway will be covered by private investors.
The show has been rewritten and some songs added. Before it goes to Broadway it will return to Tampa for a two-week run in January.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident