|Published:||Aug 04, 2010 3:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2010 12:24 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - The St. Petersburg man accused of driving while intoxicated and killing a father and his three sons has been taken to jail after his release from the hospital.
Twenty-year-old Demetrius Dontae Jordan is being held on $220,250 bail.
Police say Jordan blew through a red light early Sunday at an estimated 80 miles per hour and struck a Ford Fusion carrying Elroy McConnell, of Orlando, and his sons, ages 19 to 28.
Authorities say the four men died instantly.
Jordan and a passenger suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say Jordan admitted to drinking and smoking marijuana before the crash. He was taken to the Pinellas County Jail Tuesday evening.
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break