|Published:||Aug 04, 2010 3:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2010 12:24 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - The St. Petersburg man accused of driving while intoxicated and killing a father and his three sons has been taken to jail after his release from the hospital.
Twenty-year-old Demetrius Dontae Jordan is being held on $220,250 bail.
Police say Jordan blew through a red light early Sunday at an estimated 80 miles per hour and struck a Ford Fusion carrying Elroy McConnell, of Orlando, and his sons, ages 19 to 28.
Authorities say the four men died instantly.
Jordan and a passenger suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say Jordan admitted to drinking and smoking marijuana before the crash. He was taken to the Pinellas County Jail Tuesday evening.
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- BREAKING: Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Landlord accused in lead paint case