ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Lt. Gov. Jeff Kottkamp is endorsing Republican Marco Rubio for Senate over his boss, Gov. Charlie
Kottkamp said he and Crist, who is running as an independent and is no longer a Republican, do not share the same position on a number of issues any more.
Kottkamp said Wednesday, "I'm a lifelong Republican. I'm going to be supporting the person that I believe is going to go to
Washington and fight the Obama agenda."
Kottkamp, who is running for attorney general, also expressed disappointment that Crist switched his party registration, saying "We ran as Republicans. I was shocked."
He also said he is troubled that Crist has said as senator he would have voted for the $787 billion federal stimulus package.
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th