|Published:||Aug 04, 2010 10:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2010 7:24 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Lt. Gov. Jeff Kottkamp is endorsing Republican Marco Rubio for Senate over his boss, Gov. Charlie
Kottkamp said he and Crist, who is running as an independent and is no longer a Republican, do not share the same position on a number of issues any more.
Kottkamp said Wednesday, "I'm a lifelong Republican. I'm going to be supporting the person that I believe is going to go to
Washington and fight the Obama agenda."
Kottkamp, who is running for attorney general, also expressed disappointment that Crist switched his party registration, saying "We ran as Republicans. I was shocked."
He also said he is troubled that Crist has said as senator he would have voted for the $787 billion federal stimulus package.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral