|Published:||Aug 04, 2010 10:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2010 7:24 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Lt. Gov. Jeff Kottkamp is endorsing Republican Marco Rubio for Senate over his boss, Gov. Charlie
Kottkamp said he and Crist, who is running as an independent and is no longer a Republican, do not share the same position on a number of issues any more.
Kottkamp said Wednesday, "I'm a lifelong Republican. I'm going to be supporting the person that I believe is going to go to
Washington and fight the Obama agenda."
Kottkamp, who is running for attorney general, also expressed disappointment that Crist switched his party registration, saying "We ran as Republicans. I was shocked."
He also said he is troubled that Crist has said as senator he would have voted for the $787 billion federal stimulus package.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash