|Published:||Aug 04, 2010 10:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2010 7:40 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Democratic Rep. Kendrick Meek hoped to inject some momentum into his Senate campaign with a statewide bus tour.
Meek was considered a lock for the nomination until billionaire Jeff Greene announced his candidacy on the last day to qualify for the ballot.
Greene has since overtaken Meek in the polls by spending millions of his fortune on television ads, including spots that
paint Meek as a career politician.
Meek's tour began Wednesday in Orlando with a rally at a union hall.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed