TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Incoming Florida Senate President Mike Haridolopos is leading a three-day bus tour in search of ideas for cutting soaring Medicaid costs.
Rep. Dean Cannon, slated to become House speaker in November, will join him for parts of the Health Care Solutions Tour. It begins Wednesday in Miami and Clewiston.
Both chambers of the Republican-controlled Legislature this spring passed bills to expand managed care by private companies - the House statewide and the Senate to a lesser extent - but they were unable to reach a compromise.
Managed care, though, has drawn opposition from doctors, patient advocates and Democrats.
The tour continues Thursday in Orlando, Tampa and Brandon and ends Friday in Gainesville and Tallahassee.
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading