|Published:||Aug 04, 2010 3:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2010 12:33 AM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - A deputy is under investigation by his own agency. This comes just days after his wife was put behind bars for embezzling.
50-year-old Carol Peabody allegedly embezzled more than $100 thousand from her employer, Gulfcoast Irrigation, Inc., in Naples.
Deputies arrested Peabody last Thursday on a warrant for grand theft of more than $100 thousand and operating a scheme to defraud for more than $50 thousand. They are both first degree felonies and each carry a maximum penalty of 30 years in prison.
We contacted Peabody at her home, but she declined to comment on her arrest.
She is the wife of Cpl. Michael Peabody, who works in the traffic safety bureau. He is currently being investigated by internal affairs. But, he still remains on active duty.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- One person dead after early morning accident
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use