|Published:||Aug 04, 2010 3:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2010 12:18 PM EDT|
HUDSON, Fla. (AP) - A Florida church dedicated to feeding the homeless has been destroyed in a fire.
Fire rescue crews were called to the Lakeview Baptist Church in Hudson, about 45 miles north of Tampa, on Tuesday. Flames were shooting from the roof and the nearest hydrant was six blocks away.
Forty firefighters battled the flames, which took about an hour to get under control.
Pastor Harry Buckwalder says the church feeds about 180 families a week.
Investigators do not believe the fire is suspicious. They are examining whether an electrical problem in the kitchen started the blaze.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone