|Published:||Aug 03, 2010 12:08 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 02, 2010 9:10 PM EDT|
WINTER HAVEN. Fla. - On Monday morning, a pilot was killed when his plane crashed in Lake Jesse.
The plane was built to land on the ground or in water.
Police said witnesses on boats pulled the man out of the plane, but he was already dead.
No one else was reported on board.
The cause for the crash is under investigation.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting