|Published:||Aug 03, 2010 12:08 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 02, 2010 9:10 PM EDT|
WINTER HAVEN. Fla. - On Monday morning, a pilot was killed when his plane crashed in Lake Jesse.
The plane was built to land on the ground or in water.
Police said witnesses on boats pulled the man out of the plane, but he was already dead.
No one else was reported on board.
The cause for the crash is under investigation.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect