WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - Investigators say operator error is to blame for an accident at a Wisconsin Dells amusement park that left a young girl critically injured.
Police say 12-year-old Teagan Marti of Parkland, Fla., was dropped about 100 feet to the ground Friday on a ride called Terminal Velocity. A net 40 feet off the ground was supposed to have caught the girl, but it wasn't in place when the girl was released to free fall into the net.
The Sauk County district attorney will review the case. The Wisconsin State Journal reports Extreme World amusement park, which operated the ride, was closed Friday and Saturday, but has since re-opened.
- Lee County deputy & girlfriend arrested on marijuana charges
- FedEx truck hits power lines, catches on fire
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- Federal charges filed against wanted Lee County fugitive
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Venturi, US Open champion and CBS analyst, dies
- ABATE Bears for Bears drive under way
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier