|Published:||Aug 03, 2010 7:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 03, 2010 4:24 PM EDT|
WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - Investigators say operator error is to blame for an accident at a Wisconsin Dells amusement park that left a young girl critically injured.
Police say 12-year-old Teagan Marti of Parkland, Fla., was dropped about 100 feet to the ground Friday on a ride called Terminal Velocity. A net 40 feet off the ground was supposed to have caught the girl, but it wasn't in place when the girl was released to free fall into the net.
The Sauk County district attorney will review the case. The Wisconsin State Journal reports Extreme World amusement park, which operated the ride, was closed Friday and Saturday, but has since re-opened.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo