|Published:||Aug 03, 2010 7:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 03, 2010 4:53 PM EDT|
GULF BREEZE, Fla. (AP) - A Panhandle man has been charged with killing and skinning his family dog because he believed it was possessed by the devil.
The Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office reports that deputies responded Sunday to a Gulf Breeze home, where 25-year-old Matthew O. Foote had reportedly killed the dog.
Investigators say Foote calmly explained that the 7-year-old dachshund-Chihuahua mix was possessed by Satan. He reportedly showed no emotion while he described how he stabbed the dog several times, skinned it in the backyard, burned the body in a shallow grave and threw the skin and entrails in a nearby wooded area.
Foote was charged with a felony count of animal cruelty. He was being held without bail.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect