|Published:||Aug 03, 2010 5:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 03, 2010 2:20 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa man has been sentenced to 40 years in prison for a fatal drug robbery.
A Hillsborough County judge sentenced 33-year-old Sean Franklin Sentlingar last week. A jury found him guilty of second-degree murder in June. Because a gun was used, Sentlingar will serve at least 25 years.
Authorities say Sentlingar and 25-year-old Nathan David Walker wanted crack cocaine but didn't have any money. They reportedly decided to set up a drug deal with Cook and then steal the drugs.
Sentlingar's said his client shot in self defense.
Walker was sentenced to 15 years in prison for being an accessory after the fact in Cook's killing.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms