|Published:||Aug 03, 2010 5:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 03, 2010 2:20 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa man has been sentenced to 40 years in prison for a fatal drug robbery.
A Hillsborough County judge sentenced 33-year-old Sean Franklin Sentlingar last week. A jury found him guilty of second-degree murder in June. Because a gun was used, Sentlingar will serve at least 25 years.
Authorities say Sentlingar and 25-year-old Nathan David Walker wanted crack cocaine but didn't have any money. They reportedly decided to set up a drug deal with Cook and then steal the drugs.
Sentlingar's said his client shot in self defense.
Walker was sentenced to 15 years in prison for being an accessory after the fact in Cook's killing.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash