|Published:||Aug 03, 2010 7:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 03, 2010 4:40 PM EDT|
FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. - A Panhandle man has been charged with robbing a woman in front of an Olive Garden, where he then stopped to eat.
Fort Walton Beach police report that 28-year-old Jason Anthony Brown got into a 30-year-old woman's vehicle Saturday afternoon, pulled out a gun and demanded money. Brown had previously arranged to meet the woman in the parking lot.
The woman told police she gave Brown $90, and he took off.
Officers searched the area and eventually found Brown at a condominium near the restaurant.
Police say Brown admitted taking $50 from the woman. He told officers he had spent the money on food at the Olive Garden.
Brown was charged with armed robbery and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He was being held on $15,000 bail.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army