|Published:||Aug 03, 2010 5:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 03, 2010 2:02 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says four inmates tried to escape from the Duval County jail by attacking officers in a control room.
According to investigators, two inmates overpowered an officer early Monday, taking away his radio and Taser. Two other inmates joined in the fight.
All four inmates then allegedly rushed a control pod, where corrections officers manage access to sections of the jail. They fought with two more officers inside.
One officer and an inmate remained hospitalized Monday evening.
The inmates are facing multiple charges, including battery on an officer.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school