|Published:||Aug 03, 2010 5:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 03, 2010 2:02 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says four inmates tried to escape from the Duval County jail by attacking officers in a control room.
According to investigators, two inmates overpowered an officer early Monday, taking away his radio and Taser. Two other inmates joined in the fight.
All four inmates then allegedly rushed a control pod, where corrections officers manage access to sections of the jail. They fought with two more officers inside.
One officer and an inmate remained hospitalized Monday evening.
The inmates are facing multiple charges, including battery on an officer.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week