|Published:||Aug 03, 2010 5:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 03, 2010 2:02 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says four inmates tried to escape from the Duval County jail by attacking officers in a control room.
According to investigators, two inmates overpowered an officer early Monday, taking away his radio and Taser. Two other inmates joined in the fight.
All four inmates then allegedly rushed a control pod, where corrections officers manage access to sections of the jail. They fought with two more officers inside.
One officer and an inmate remained hospitalized Monday evening.
The inmates are facing multiple charges, including battery on an officer.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space