|Published:||Aug 02, 2010 12:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 02, 2010 8:11 AM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - The driver of a car submerged in a canal near Ava Maria University died early Monday morning. The Florida Highway Patrol says 19 year old Alex Klucik was behind the wheel when the car left a dirt road at a high rate of speed and vaulted into the water. 21 year old Catherine Pesiri in the car as well but able to escape. She went to a nearby home to call for help.
Friends of Klucik also responded the scene and went into the water trying to find him. It wasn't until the car was pulled from the water his body was found still seatbelted in. Klucik was captain of the football team in high school and going to start classes at Ava Maria University in only a few weeks.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI