|Published:||Aug 02, 2010 8:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 02, 2010 5:18 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Family and friends gathered to remember a 17-year-old honors student who authorities say was killed during a drive-by shooting in Miami.
Lexsis Ray was a student at EDC Academy of Excellence and was going to be the first in her family to graduate from high school. Relatives said she was a straight A student.
Ray had left a friend's house Thursday evening in the city's Little Haiti neighborhood when someone exited an SUV and began firing at a man. Ray was caught in the crossfire.
Mourners lit candles at a vigil for Ray on Saturday.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the Miami Police Department's Homicide Unit at 305-603-6350 or Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-8477 (TIPS).
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers