|Published:||Aug 02, 2010 8:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 02, 2010 5:18 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Family and friends gathered to remember a 17-year-old honors student who authorities say was killed during a drive-by shooting in Miami.
Lexsis Ray was a student at EDC Academy of Excellence and was going to be the first in her family to graduate from high school. Relatives said she was a straight A student.
Ray had left a friend's house Thursday evening in the city's Little Haiti neighborhood when someone exited an SUV and began firing at a man. Ray was caught in the crossfire.
Mourners lit candles at a vigil for Ray on Saturday.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the Miami Police Department's Homicide Unit at 305-603-6350 or Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-8477 (TIPS).
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting