|Published:||Aug 02, 2010 7:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 02, 2010 4:11 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Denny’s Restaurant and the Lee Memorial Blood Centers are teaming up for a blood drive on Friday, Aug. 6 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 1306 Del Prado Boulevard S., Cape Coral.
All registered donors will receive a coupon for an Original Grand Slam Breakfast and a Blood Center gift. Denny's has been a generous supporter of the Lee Memorial Blood Centers’ drives for several years.
All blood collected remains in the Lee Memorial Health System to serve your community. Lee Memorial Health System uses 500+ units of blood each week. With both The Children's Hospital and the only trauma center within a five county area, the need for blood locally remains constant, and needs to be replenished daily. All blood types are currently needed.
The requirements to give blood are:
Age: At least 17 years old (16 with written parental consent) and in good general health. There is no upper age limit.
Weight: Minimum of 115 pounds.
Identification: Must provide photo I.D. with date of birth.
Food: Eat a good meal before giving and drink plenty of fluids.
Medications: Many medications such as insulin, blood pressure, thyroid, cholesterol, aspirin, antidepressants, and hormone replacement do not necessarily prevent someone from giving blood.
Call 239-343-2333 for questions about donating.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- South Fla. Water Management District chief resigns