|Published:||Aug 02, 2010 8:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 02, 2010 5:15 PM EDT|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in Clearwater say a 43-year-old man is dead after falling off a boat.
Clearwater Fire & Rescue says Shawn P. Whaley was sitting near the back of a boat near Island Estates when others aboard heard a splash. They turned the boat around and found Whaley in the water.
The boaters pulled Whaley from the water and began CPR as they brought him to shore.
Firefighters continued rescue efforts, but Whaley was pronounced dead at Morton Plant Hospital.
A cause of death has not been released.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent