|Published:||Aug 02, 2010 8:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 02, 2010 5:15 PM EDT|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in Clearwater say a 43-year-old man is dead after falling off a boat.
Clearwater Fire & Rescue says Shawn P. Whaley was sitting near the back of a boat near Island Estates when others aboard heard a splash. They turned the boat around and found Whaley in the water.
The boaters pulled Whaley from the water and began CPR as they brought him to shore.
Firefighters continued rescue efforts, but Whaley was pronounced dead at Morton Plant Hospital.
A cause of death has not been released.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed