|Published:||Aug 01, 2010 3:25 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 01, 2010 12:26 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla - A family is mourning the loss of a child following a tragic boating accident.
Family and friends of 11 year old Michael Duda gathered inside their Gateway home Saturday. The family on vacation in the Keys when their son was thrown off a 17-foot boat and later hit.
It happened Friday.
A teen was operating the boat though no charges have been filed.
Investigators have ruled out alcohol played a role in accident.
The Duda family are active members of Gateway Trinity Lutheran Church and expressed their thanks to the community for their outpouring of support.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41