|Published:||Jul 27, 2010 11:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 27, 2010 8:37 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, FL- Deputies are calling it road rage.
Witnesses say a Lehigh Acres man smashed a woman's windshield with a metal bar, at a Wal-mart parking lot.
Austin Wesley says, "We were walking out of Wal-mart and I turned around and I saw a guy hit the window. "
11 Year old Austin Wesley was with his dad, Jason, at Wal-mart, when they heard a smash.
Jason Wesley says, "I happened to see this gentlemen smash this ladies windshield with some kind of pipe or tool."
Deputies say, that gentlemen was 45 year old Luis Ernesto Ortiz, upset that a 60 year old woman had cut him off in traffic.
He jumped into a white van and drove off.
Jason Wesley says, "I guess he was mad."
Wesley followed while on the phone talking with 911, deputies caught up with Ortiz and he was arrested.
Frandley Lamour, the victim's husband, is counting his blessings today.
He says, "Very very scary very scary, my wife was trembling.Can you imagine if that guy had a gun?! He would have shot my wife."
Today she's out of town but spoke to WINK by phone saying the situation started with a verbal argument and turned violent.
Jason Wesley says,"She was an older lady, I felt bad for her, she was upset, really PO'd, and anybody else would be too."
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand