|Published:||Jul 26, 2010 1:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 25, 2010 10:29 PM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. - A Bonita Springs priest has been put on paid administrative leave after concerns about the day-to-day operations of his church.
Father Stan Strycharz was placed on leave Friday from Saint Leo Catholic Church.
A statement from the diocese does not go into detail, but does state the allegations do not involve actions with minors. It goes on to say, "the bishop is very saddened to have to make this decision, and that the goal is to ensure the continued growth of the parish."
The diocese says his tenure at Saint Leo Catholic Church is now over.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba