|Published:||Jul 23, 2010 3:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 23, 2010 11:55 AM EDT|
BONNIE NEARING SOUTH FLORIDA...
SUMMARY OF 800 AM EDT INFORMATION
ABOUT 80 MI...130 KM SSE OF MIAMI FLORIDA
ABOUT 75 MI...120 KM E OF MARATHON FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...40 MPH...65 KM/HR
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 295 DEGREES AT 19 MPH...31 KM/HR
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1008 MB...29.77 INCHES
A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR...
THE FLORIDA EAST COAST FROM DEERFIELD BEACH SOUTHWARD
INCLUDING THE ENTIRE FLORIDA KEYS AND ALONG THE WEST COAST OF FLORIDA NORTHWARD TO ENGLEWOOD
AT 800 AM EDT BONNIE IS MOVING RAPIDLY TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST NEAR 19 MPH...31 KM/HR. THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE DURING THE NEXT DAY OR SO. ON THE FORECAST TRACK...BONNIE IS EXPECTED TO MOVE OVER THE SOUTHERN FLORIDA PENINSULA LATER TODAY...AND MOVE OVER THE EASTERN GULF OF MEXICO TONIGHT AND SATURDAY.
WIND...TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS MAINLY IN SQUALLS ARE EXPECTED TO SPREAD OVER SOUTHERN FLORIDA AND PORTIONS OF THE KEYS IN THE WARNING AREA LATER TODAY.
RAINFALL...BONNIE IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE TOTAL RAIN ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES OVER SOUTH FLORIDA...WITH POSSIBLE ISOLATED MAXIMUM AMOUNTS OF 5 INCHES.
STORM SURGE...STORM SURGE WILL RAISE WATER LEVELS BY AS MUCH AS 1 TO 2 FEET ABOVE GROUND LEVEL AND THE SOUTHERN FLORIDA PENINSULA.
TORNADOES...ISOLATED TORNADOES ARE POSSIBLE OVER EXTREME SOUTHERN FLORIDA LATER TODAY.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent