FORT MYERS, Fla- Charged with murder, Timothy Tuttle is going to court this morning. He's locked up in the Lee County Jail after a 24 hour manhunt.
Tuttle is accused of killing Cape Coral resident Eric Stuebinger July 10th during a a home invasion. A second suspect, Timothy Ragland,was arrested Saturday in Collier County and is still in custody there. According to Cape Coral Police both men stormed in Stuebinger's home, demanded money and drugs, tazered him and then shot him. At the time, Tuttle was free on $100,000 bail for a stabbing in February.
The two people accused of helping Tuttle evade arrest for 24 hours, Robert Dugo and Sarah Lampilla, also remain in custody this morning. Tuttle's first appearance in court will be short with just a brief reading of the charges against him.
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Fire at North Fort Myers home causes extensive damage
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond
- SWFL man's dream vacation turns into nightmare