|Published:||Jul 22, 2010 2:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 21, 2010 10:59 PM EDT|
SOUTH FORT MYERS - Kathy Cole teaches children survival skills in the water.
Sounds pretty noble.
But it's the sounds that are coming from her home's pool that have some of her neighbors crying foul.
"It's the crying", says Cole.
The little tykes are not always happy about getting in the pool or going under water.
When they surface, nervous and unsure, many of them let out a wail that can be heard clearly by nearby neighbors.
That's the problem and that's where the complaints to the county began.
Now officials have ordered Cole to shut down her home/pool business.
Despite being given the notice on Friday, Cole continues to teach children.
One neighbor who supports Cole says, she would rather listen to the crying than listen to stories of children drowning.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair