|Published:||Jul 20, 2010 8:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 20, 2010 5:41 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Donald Trump is suing Palm Beach County and the airport to quiet down.
A lawsuit filed Monday in Palm Beach County Circuit Court is the latest legal action taken by Trump in a decades-old disagreement over noise control at Palm Beach International Airport, which is near Trump's ritzy Mar-a-Lago home.
The lawsuit also names the airport's director, Bruce Pelly. A message left for Pelly Tuesday was not immediately returned.
The lawsuit says the county failed to assess noise impacts. It asks to block the airport's planned expansion and to prevent flights from flying over Trump's home.
Trump was part of a group that founded the Good Neighbor Council for Aircraft Noise Control, which has fought to keep noisy planes away from the area.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral