|Published:||Jul 20, 2010 8:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 20, 2010 5:41 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Donald Trump is suing Palm Beach County and the airport to quiet down.
A lawsuit filed Monday in Palm Beach County Circuit Court is the latest legal action taken by Trump in a decades-old disagreement over noise control at Palm Beach International Airport, which is near Trump's ritzy Mar-a-Lago home.
The lawsuit also names the airport's director, Bruce Pelly. A message left for Pelly Tuesday was not immediately returned.
The lawsuit says the county failed to assess noise impacts. It asks to block the airport's planned expansion and to prevent flights from flying over Trump's home.
Trump was part of a group that founded the Good Neighbor Council for Aircraft Noise Control, which has fought to keep noisy planes away from the area.
- Fire Dept: Barricaded man couldn't have survived fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest