|Published:||Jul 20, 2010 12:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 20, 2010 8:23 AM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla- The Lee County Sheriff's Office is investigating a dead body found inside a burned out van. Residents inside the River's Edge Mobile Home Park report hearing an explosion just about 5:15 this morning. A sheriff's deputy just happened to be driving by about the same time.
At first, no one knew the body was inside the van. It was discovered only after firefighters put the flames out. One of the mobile home parks residents says he's regularly seen a man park the van for the last couple of months and he seemed fine when he saw him last night about 9:30.
Sheriff's deputies are not suspecting anything suspicous right now. They will investigate the death. Firefighters will look for the cause of the explosion.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba