|Published:||Jul 20, 2010 12:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 20, 2010 8:23 AM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla- The Lee County Sheriff's Office is investigating a dead body found inside a burned out van. Residents inside the River's Edge Mobile Home Park report hearing an explosion just about 5:15 this morning. A sheriff's deputy just happened to be driving by about the same time.
At first, no one knew the body was inside the van. It was discovered only after firefighters put the flames out. One of the mobile home parks residents says he's regularly seen a man park the van for the last couple of months and he seemed fine when he saw him last night about 9:30.
Sheriff's deputies are not suspecting anything suspicous right now. They will investigate the death. Firefighters will look for the cause of the explosion.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Cape Coral churches could pay full price for UEP
- Naples Police search for suspect in 'stranger danger' case
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road