|Published:||Jul 19, 2010 11:18 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 19, 2010 8:18 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla- The toll booths on the Midoint Bridge into Fort Myers start coming down today. It's likely to create back ups and delays in the morning commute.
The demolition process begins with narrowing the six lanes down to two and shifting them to the north side of the bridge. The toll booths are no longer needed because of the one-way tolling structure on the bridges. Demolition is expected to take 60 days and create a free flow of traffic into Fort Myers.
Once the work is finished the project starts all over again on the Cape Coral Bridge.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo