|Published:||Jul 19, 2010 11:18 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 19, 2010 8:18 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla- The toll booths on the Midoint Bridge into Fort Myers start coming down today. It's likely to create back ups and delays in the morning commute.
The demolition process begins with narrowing the six lanes down to two and shifting them to the north side of the bridge. The toll booths are no longer needed because of the one-way tolling structure on the bridges. Demolition is expected to take 60 days and create a free flow of traffic into Fort Myers.
Once the work is finished the project starts all over again on the Cape Coral Bridge.
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Rollover shuts down part of SB I-75 at Colonial
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court