|Published:||Jul 19, 2010 5:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 19, 2010 2:20 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla - Local businesses join forces to announce the First Annual Back-To-School Clothing Drive to benefit Lee County students in need.
Families are facing hardships this year more than ever, so the Moms Prosperity Network of Florida has partnered with several business owners to coordinate drop off sites for donations of gently used or new back-to-school clothing in all sizes
The group is encouraging the community to clean out their closets and donate any clothes that are gently worn to this cause. All clothing collected will be distributed at the 11th Annual BIG Backpack Event held at Harborside on Sunday, August 1, 2010. A boutique and changing area will be set up for kids to select an outfit in their size. Some shoes and other accessories may also be provided. Volunteers are needed to help sort the clothing according to size and gender. Donations of hangers and racks are also needed.
MOM’s Prosperity Network of Florida is a non-profit organization. Our mission is to assist, support and provide inspiration to mom’s in our community. We offer Life Coaching, Parenting Classes, Financial Coaching as well as provide the resources needed to have life of dignity. For more information contact Trish DeFeo at 239.297.6588 or visit http://www.momsprosperitynetworkswfl.org.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- FBI involved in fatal shooting near Universal Orlando
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings
- New Florida voting law
- Cape woman keeps track of OK friends, family
- Senate committee approves immigration bill