|Published:||Jul 19, 2010 1:06 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 18, 2010 10:06 PM EDT|
KATHLEEN, Fla. (AP) - The families of two slain Tampa police officers will split about $70,000 donated at a weekend fundraiser.
The Saturday barbecue in Kathleen raised money for the families of Jeffrey Kocab and David Curtis. The 31-year-old officers were slain June 29 during a traffic stop. A recently released felon has been charged with their murders.
Kocab's wife is nine-months pregnant and is a dean at Kathleen Middle School. Curtis left behind a wife and four sons.
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- BREAKING: Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Sailors take to the harbor for regatta
- Collier County Deputies Search For Missing Woman
- FSU accuser's attorney to hold news conference
- Bears take a swim in a Collier County pool