|Published:||Jul 19, 2010 12:46 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 18, 2010 9:47 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - After nearly 30 years on the run, a suspect in a Lee County murder returns to southwest Florida.
James Sims was booked into the Lee County jail this morning. He was arrested earlier this month in California.
Deputies say Sims shot and killed Roy Radabaugh outside a Fort Myers nightclub in January of 1981.
Police say Sims was a longtime suspect in this case, but he skipped town, and lived in California under a false identity.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Oil rig up for consideration at Immokalee Airport
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings