|Published:||Jul 19, 2010 12:46 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 18, 2010 9:47 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - After nearly 30 years on the run, a suspect in a Lee County murder returns to southwest Florida.
James Sims was booked into the Lee County jail this morning. He was arrested earlier this month in California.
Deputies say Sims shot and killed Roy Radabaugh outside a Fort Myers nightclub in January of 1981.
Police say Sims was a longtime suspect in this case, but he skipped town, and lived in California under a false identity.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating