|Published:||Jul 17, 2010 1:36 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2010 10:37 PM EDT|
APALACHICOLA, Fla. - Authorities are continuing to search for a Florida Panhandle oysterman believed to have fallen off the side of his boat while out in nearly 100-degree heat.
Witnesses told the sheriff's office that George Sanders fell overboard on Thursday as he was out tonging oysters with two other fisherman. He apparently got back inside, but appeared dizzy and fell again.
Other workers jumped into the water but were unable to find him.
Investigators say they believe Sanders drowned.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and law enforcement agencies have been searching the Apalachicola Bay.
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent