|Published:||Jul 16, 2010 4:31 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2010 1:31 AM EDT|
MIAMI, Fla. - Authorities have identified five people who died trying to flee from authorities after the stolen car they were driving crashed in Miami.
Miami-Dade Police say one of the victims tried to fraudulently cash a check at a bank drive-through Thursday. The car sped off when the bank called police to report suspicious activity. The stolen vehicle struck a tree and burst into flames, killing all five people inside.
The victims were: Rosemary Sierra, 44; Kenny Phillips, 23; Shaprelle Woods, 28; Raven Davis, 18; Nathaniel Ward IV, 23.
Phillips, who was driving the car, had been arrested several times. He was sentenced to six months in jail for identity fraud and a probation violation.
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- 911 call: Judge in Zimmerman trial hears dispute
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death