|Published:||Jul 16, 2010 4:31 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2010 1:31 AM EDT|
MIAMI, Fla. - Authorities have identified five people who died trying to flee from authorities after the stolen car they were driving crashed in Miami.
Miami-Dade Police say one of the victims tried to fraudulently cash a check at a bank drive-through Thursday. The car sped off when the bank called police to report suspicious activity. The stolen vehicle struck a tree and burst into flames, killing all five people inside.
The victims were: Rosemary Sierra, 44; Kenny Phillips, 23; Shaprelle Woods, 28; Raven Davis, 18; Nathaniel Ward IV, 23.
Phillips, who was driving the car, had been arrested several times. He was sentenced to six months in jail for identity fraud and a probation violation.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral