|Published:||Jul 16, 2010 4:31 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2010 1:31 AM EDT|
MIAMI, Fla. - Authorities have identified five people who died trying to flee from authorities after the stolen car they were driving crashed in Miami.
Miami-Dade Police say one of the victims tried to fraudulently cash a check at a bank drive-through Thursday. The car sped off when the bank called police to report suspicious activity. The stolen vehicle struck a tree and burst into flames, killing all five people inside.
The victims were: Rosemary Sierra, 44; Kenny Phillips, 23; Shaprelle Woods, 28; Raven Davis, 18; Nathaniel Ward IV, 23.
Phillips, who was driving the car, had been arrested several times. He was sentenced to six months in jail for identity fraud and a probation violation.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday