|Published:||Jul 16, 2010 4:14 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2010 1:14 AM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - The Broward County medical examiner is changing the death certificate for the mother-in-law of a woman already charged with orchestrating her wealthy husband's death.
Dr. Joshua Perper says based on new information, he ruled Thursday that 87-year-old Bernice Novack was a homicide victim. Her death was originally ruled an accident. She died of blunt force injuries to the head in 2009 at her Fort Lauderdale home.
No further information was released because the police investigation is ongoing.
Prosecutors accused Narcy Novack in court Wednesday of also plotting the beating death of Bernice Novack in hopes of reaping millions of dollars from her and Ben Novack's wills. Ben Novack was beaten to death at a New York hotel with dumbbells carried by assailants.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses