|Published:||Jul 16, 2010 4:14 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2010 1:14 AM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - The Broward County medical examiner is changing the death certificate for the mother-in-law of a woman already charged with orchestrating her wealthy husband's death.
Dr. Joshua Perper says based on new information, he ruled Thursday that 87-year-old Bernice Novack was a homicide victim. Her death was originally ruled an accident. She died of blunt force injuries to the head in 2009 at her Fort Lauderdale home.
No further information was released because the police investigation is ongoing.
Prosecutors accused Narcy Novack in court Wednesday of also plotting the beating death of Bernice Novack in hopes of reaping millions of dollars from her and Ben Novack's wills. Ben Novack was beaten to death at a New York hotel with dumbbells carried by assailants.
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys