|Published:||Jul 16, 2010 12:00 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 15, 2010 8:47 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, FL- For three days, WINK News has been digging for answers.
Do Cape Coral firefighters have the resources they need?
Firefighters say budget cuts are to blame.
The mayor and city leaders say, the fire department spent too much in the wrong places!.
Five million dollars.
Two stories tall.
A spacious kitchen, and look at these rooms. Are they elaborate? Cape Mayor John Sullivan thinks so.
He says, "If we hadn't carelessly spent the amount of money that we spent, on having to buy the biggest the expensive toys in town, I mean they spent 60 thousand dollars on two brass polls."
Today WINK took a tour of the Cape's newest station one, and station three.
Firefighters tell us, the stations are pretty standard. Sullivan says, no expense was spared.
Cape councilman Pete Brandt agrees.
He says, "At the same time, in the same time frame stations in Charlotte and Lee county were being built for roughly half that price."
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Communications satellite launched into space